What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
1. The level of a building that is underground is called the:
2. What do you call the night before Halloween?
3. You bring back your groceries in a…
4. The act of covering a house or area in front of a house with toilet paper is called…
Toilet papering **
5. You call sweetened, carbonated beverages:
6. You drink from:
A water fountain
A drinking fountain **
7. You tend to call the sweet spread on top of cake:
8. Do you use the word cruller?
(what does that word mean anyway?)
9. What do you call a traffic situation in which several roads meet in a circle and you have to get off at a certain point?
Something else like a circle, traffic circle,
or roundabout **
10. What do you call an easy class?
A crip course
A blow off **
11. If it’s raining while the sun is shining, you call it:
The Devil is Beating His Wife
You have no term for it **
12. What do you call something that is diagonal from you?
13. What is the four wheeled contraption you push around your groceries in?
Shopping / grocery cart **
14. You work out in…
Tennis shoes **
Just rolls off your tongue
Is not sometihng you say **
16. The second syllable in pajamas sounds like:
The A in jam **
The A in father
17. Does “caramel” have two or three syllables?
You say it both ways
18. Do you pronounce “aunt” like “ant”?
19. “Route” rhymes with…
20. Mary / marry / merry…
Are pronounced differently
Are pronounced the same **
This would be the What Kind of English do you speak quiz, for those of you who didn’t have time to check it out. These were my answers, I’m curious to know who answers differently than me so I can say “ha ha! you talk funny!”