Wow! I am v. interesting and much loved by xanga community…who knew?!
I shall continue my list today as far as Kaia will allow, she is kinda poopy and whiny today. Also, Jimmy is playing Wrigley Field, cool you would think, but its not when the tickets are twice as much, you can’t camp like in Tinley Park, you can’t make your own food because you aren’t camping…etc. And also the tickets go on sale Monday morning and cannot be purchased in person, only on the web or via telephone to Wrigley Field. So I guess we’ll hold out for another date….Mer.
26. I gave birth without the drugs I had specified in my so called “birthing plan” and I can tell you that plan goes out the window really fast so don’t even bother.
27. I didn’t finish my birthing classes because I thought they were dumb and they were scaring me, and I still came through just fine.
28. My favorite things in the whole world to do are: Sit on a comfy chair outside in the shade with a cup of good coffee, a smoke and a great book and have no one even look at me for a few hours.
29. I can’t touch my tongue to my nose but my brother can.
30. The only piercing I have is my ears and I got them when I was five and it hurt so badly that I am too chicken to have anything else pierced. Plus anyone who knows me knows I would look plain weird with a nose piercing or something.
31. I have an excellent sense of direction and rarely get lost.
32. I did, however, one time get lost going to Chicago to see Jimmy. I was in a Honda Civic with a five months pregnant woman (still my bestest pal by the way), the car had no air conditioning, it was July and a trip that should have taken maybe four hours took almost eight.
33. I have been hungover, but only a few times (really!). And on that note I would like to say that nothing irks me more than someone who can’t hold their liquor and pukes everywhere because they didn’t stop when they should have.
34. I have been all over the caribbean, to Mexico, California, many other states and Puerto Rico, but not to Europe.
35. I would like to go to Russia, I would also like to go to Africa.
36. My ultimate dream is us being able to find a place with land as far as the eye can see (that belongs to us, of course), a big old farm house and a heated barn so I can take in abandoned animals.
37. I have not lost touch with most of my high school friends, we still email and see each other occassionally.
38. I really do think everyone should see movies like Saving Private Ryan and Schindler’s List. Because I really do believe that if you don’t look that horror in the eye you won’t learn from it.
39. My favorite TV dad is Jim on According to Jim (because he reminds me of Casey but don’t tell him I said that!).
40. I don’t really suffer from anything but a lack of self control.
41. I can swear like a sailor but have obviously had to watch that spending my days with impressionable youths. It still makes Casey either laugh or blush when I do.
42. When I can’t sleep I say the words to every song I know in my head. I also rub my feet together and have garnered the nickname Cricket for that.
43. I sleep on my side and we each have five pillows, yes, five.
44. I think I could take on just about anybody in a fight, which is weird because I’m not that big. But I have never actually been in a fight before.
45. I have a weird, almost heightened sense of people and their moods. Which enables me to say or do the right or acceptable thing, even when I don’t want to, and which served me well in the hospitality and food industries.
46. My favorite all time book is Bag of Bones by Stephen King (and I hear you all going, ack, she likes Stephen King? What kind of person is this?) but Bag of Bones and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon are not books like Misery or The Shining, they are completely different and if you didn’t know it was Stephen King you would never guess.
47. My favorite movies include: Gosford Park, Clue, Strangers on a Train, and I really think Office Space is seriously the funniest movie ever made…ummm yeah…
48. I have a hard time talking politics with people who don’t agree with me because I get too mad. (Down with W!)
49. I think there are many things in this world that would break my heart on a daily basis if I thought about them.
50. I would love to play Roxie Hart in Chicago but am too chicken in my old age to actually try out.
51. I am very weird about having my privacy violated and the thought of microchips (even though my oldest cat has one because they wouldn’t let us adopt her without it), satellites, wire taps, etc, makes me very very nervous.
So now I must move on to more serious issues, such as the state of my checking account, and also Kai needs a napper…I hope you all have a great day and I’ll finish the rest of the 79 facts another day. Ta ta!