I stole this from my brother’s site, as I thought it would appeal to you all. What is so funny is that, while reading it, I realized that maybe all this isn’t normal for some people. But it is for me! Enjoy…
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18
inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Michigan
If you’re proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Michigan
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Michigan
If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year,
you might live in Michigan.
If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don’t work there, you might live in Michigan
If your dad’s suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his
forehead, you might live in Michigan
If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might live in
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Michigan
You know you’re a true MICHIGANDER when………….
1. “Vacation” means going up north on I-75.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means Ohio
16. A brat is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.
19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees “a little chilly.”
22. You drink pop and bake with soda.
23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it’s not medicine.
24. You know what a yooper is.
25. You think owning a Honda is Un American.
26. You know that UP is a place not a direction
27. You know it’s possible to live in a thumb.
28. You understand that when visiting Detroit, the best thing to wear is a Kevlar vest.
29. Brawls at family functions often involve people wearing green and white vs blue and gold.